Fanshawe College provides free Adobe Creative Cloud access to all active* students. When your enrollment ceases at the college you will lose access to your Adobe license (as well as any content saved within your educational Adobe cloud account).
Students can migrate their Portfolio sites from their Higher Ed accounts to a personal account. Specifically, this allows EDU users to migrate their Portfolio site(s) from an Type 2E/3 account to a personal Type 1 account. The tool can be accessed via settings in Adobe Portfolio.
Please ensure you migrate your account around your time of graduation. If you wait too long, you may lose access to your EDU account which would prevent the migration of your content.
- First, students need to have a valid personal account** and be able to successfully log into both their school and personal accounts at adobe.com or portfolio.adobe.com
- Students can go to portfolio.adobe.com, sign in with their school account, click on one of their sites, click on Settings > Account & Region > Use Another Adobe ID > select Use Personal Adobe ID and then type in the new Adobe ID they wish to migrate their site(s) to.
- Students then need to check their personal email inbox, click the link provided, sign in to the new Adobe ID and click Confirm Migration.
- You are all set! Click Edit your Portfolio to exit.
* Adobe classifies “Active Students” as students that are actively attending classes. Once you graduate, un-enroll, or have a gap (Summer holidays) in your education, you are not considered active. (please note this definition can change at any time).
** Please do not use your @FanshaweOnline.ca email account when creating a personal account as you will not have access to check your FOL emails after graduation.
If you run into any issues with your Personal Adobe account, please reach out to Adobe directly for support: https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/contact.html