Creating a Personal Microsoft Account (if needed)
- Go to https://signup.live.com/signup
- On the Sign In page, click the hyperlink that says Create one!
- Enter your personal e-mail address (gmail, yahoo, outlook, hotmail etc…) along with your preferred password and hit Next. A verification email with be sent to your e-mail address. (Note: Please check your spam or junk folders as the email might land to those folders)
- Enter the code provided to verify your email address.
Registering for Azure Dev Tools
Once you have a Personal Microsoft Account, please follow the steps provided below in accessing the Microsoft Education Hub.
- Go to https://azureforeducation.microsoft.com/devtools
- Click on the blue “Sign in” button.
- Enter your Microsoft Account (gmail,yahoo, hotmail etc…)
- It will direct you to the verification window.
- Enter your school-provided email address (@fanshaweonline.ca).
- Check the checkbox to agree to the subscription agreement, offer details, Azure Dev Tools for Teaching agreement and privacy statement.
- Check your school-provided email address inbox and then click on the verification link (in some instances, you may have to copy and paste the link into your address bar).
- It will direct you to the Azure Portal. Read and accept the agreement, and accept the terms.
- You may be redirected to the sign-in-page, select the account you just verified (the personal Microsoft account)
- If not automatically redirected, visit https://azureforeducation.microsoft.com/devtools, Click on the blue “Sign in” button then enter your Microsoft account (gmail,yahoo, hotmail etc…) and password.
- Upon signing in, you may be asked to agree to the terms and conditions (for first time users). If not, you should see the software catalog with 118 software titles available for download.
- The first time you sign in, you should see the following page:
- You may wish to start the tour, or select “Maybe Later”.
- Software is located under the “Software” category on the left pane.
- If after registering, verifying and logging in you have issues seeing the software page, click here.